CE & PE Course Selection Information

Navigate NMLS CE, PE & Late CE Requirements.

Q: How can I determine which NMLS CE courses I need?

A: If you're unsure about the NMLS CE courses you need, our course selector tool can help. It's easy to use—simply enter the states where you are licensed, and the tool will provide the relevant information for you!

We're here to support you on your CE journey! While we can't provide personalized CE advice, we will be your helpful guide. For accurate information on your specific CE requirements, we recommend reaching out to the NMLS directly. If you need the NMLS contact information, you can find it HERE.

Knowledge Coop CE is fully approved by the NMLS and kept up to date. Our courses are refreshed annually, ensuring that you can take CE with us every year.

To access the CE Selector tool, click on the following link: CE Selector Tool.

Q: Do you offer Pre-Licensure Education (PE)?

A: Yes, we do offer PE! You can explore our PE catalogue HERE.

Here's what the NMLS has to say about PE:

The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) requires that state-licensed mortgage loan originators (MLOs) complete pre-licensure education. In order to meet pre-licensure education requirements state-licensed MLOs must complete 20 hours of NMLS approved education which include the following:

For annual pre-licensure education, the SAFE Act requires state-licensed MLOs to complete:

  • Three hours of Federal law and regulations
  • Three hours of ethics that shall include instruction on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues
  • Two hours of training related to lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product market; and
  • Twelve hours of undefined instruction on mortgage origination

While the SAFE Act requires NMLS to approve pre-licensure and continuing education courses, it is individual state law that compels mortgage loan originators to take the pre-licensure and continuing education as a requirement for state licensure. Many state agencies require that pre-licensure education be complete prior to submitting an application through NMLS.  NMLS provides information concerning education requirements and administers the process for completing it, but state-licensed MLO's should refer to their state agencies regarding the specific details associated with meeting the education requirements.

Q: Do you offer Late CE?

A: If you have questions regarding Late CE, we have a dedicated FAQ page to address your queries. You can visit our Late CE FAQ page HERE.